When most people think of high-tech kitchens, they think of built-in appliances, built-in computer stations and TV’s, built-in storage spaces, etc. High-Tech kitchens of the not-so-distant future however, may take on whole new look and meaning. In fact, according to, Coming Soon: Turn Your Kitchen Counter Into a Touch Screen, an article found on Houzz, “The futurist consensus is that someday household surfaces, like kitchen counters and refrigerator doors, will function like giant iPads, with Internet-connected interactive touch displays. No, not built-in displays. Entire surfaces will be usable as interactive computers.” While this may sound like something from Star Trek, or maybe the Jetson’s, this technology already exists and has been a part of Microsoft Home, a futuristic house used to display Microsoft’s latest technologies and research ideas for awhile. The technology featured in Microsoft Home, apparently uses projected light and camera sensors to project recipes, games, etc. on to various surfaces in the kitchen, making it easy for a homeowner to access and display information in a convenient existing setting. Pretty cool, huh?
While this technology may seem far-fetched, just think back a 10, or 20 years to remember how far we have come, with the explosion of the internet, Smart Phones, Tablets, etc. I have to admit, maybe Touch Screen counters aren’t so out of this world. If we end up standing in our kitchen someday however, saying, “Beam me up Scottie,” well— that, would be!
Thanks for reading!
With spring and summer weather just around the corner (I hope), it is time to get that grill going! I don’t know about you, but I think that most food tastes better coming off the grill. There is just something about that charcoal grilled flavor, and that grilling smoke lingering in the fresh air. It just makes your mouth water and your senses feel good. If you are like me and live in the Mid-west, you might bust out your grill no matter what the season, or the weather. It somehow just makes you feel good and gives you the promise of summer and warm weather.
Anyway—I thought it would be nice to take a look at some outdoor kitchens to help us all get that summertime feeling.
Let’s take a look…
When it comes to remodeling, there is often a lot more involved than you may expect. While the opportunity to remodel a kitchen, a bathroom, or another room is exciting from the start and leaves one with anticipation for the finished outcome, it can also invoke a host of other emotions, as well. As the remodeling process gets underway, many consumers don’t always realize the amount of decisions and choices that need to be made. While many consumers enjoy the process, others may get frustrated and discouraged after making a multitude of selections. While this is understandable, when it comes to countertop selections, we are here to help make the process go smoothly. Our Customer Service staff will work with you and help you every step of the way.
Let’s take a look at the process—
- Material Selection—We will help you select the material that works best for your project, whether it is granite, or another natural stone, quartz, or Rinato stone, we will help you make your decision.
- Color Options—No matter what material you select, there are always a lot of choices. We help narrow your search and determine what color will work best for your room.
- Edge Detail—There are a variety of edge options to choose from. We will work with you to determine what look works best for you.
- Backsplash Options—When it comes to backsplash options, there are a number of choices. You will have the opportunity to view your options and pick what works best with your color, cabinets and paint.
- Sinks—If you need a sink to go with your countertop, we’ve got a variety of options for you. Choose from our Magnum sinks, Kohler, Elkay, or other models. They come in a variety of models.
- Faucets—Make sure you take a look at our Delta Feature Faucets, which come in a variety of styles. We also carry other brands, as well.
- Layout Questions—We will answer any questions in regards to layout you may have.
Rest assured, no matter how you are feeling about your remodeling project, we will help you feel at ease with your countertop selections and your installed countertops will leave you feeling a sense of joy!
Thanks for reading!
In this blog, I wanted to take a look at some open kitchen designs, which have become popular over the years. No one likes a cramped space, especially in a kitchen. Many home owners are opting for more open spaces, where they can move around freely, which makes it easier for cooking, entertaining, or just hanging out.
Let’s take a look at a few ideas I found…
If you are planning on doing some remodeling in the near future and are looking for ideas, get pinning! Pinterest is an online pinboard that offers a unique way to organize things you love and has become very popular over the last couple years. You can literally pin ideas for any room in your home, plus a host of other options. If you like the HGTV look, they are having a pinning party tonight, Thursday, March 14th from 7-9 pm. I am sure you will come across all kinds of ideas.
While you are at it, make sure you look for Paramount Granite Company on Pinterest. We have a variety of boards to look at including kitchens, bathrooms, fireplaces, stone, storage ideas and of course food for those recipe favorites.
Thanks for reading and Happy Pinning!